100 word challenge- As the door slammed shut i knew…

Jade led me into one of the labs, cautious of anyone hearing. The glows of the blue and green lights didn’t comfort me. She muttered something, too fast to understand, but I caught a glimpse of what she was saying. Don’t look in here, the capsule isn’t hidden anywhere in this room. I didn’t believe her. How could I? After she killed my sister, and locked my parents up, and tried to throw me of a cliff? It was in there, and I was going to find it. She stormed out, and as soon as the door slammed shut, I knew. I was next. After 3 attempts, she was going to eternize me. I needed to find that capsule, the capsule that would make me die. I wanted needed to die.

2 thoughts on “100 word challenge- As the door slammed shut i knew…

1. Hi Heidi,
    I really like this 100 WC piece because you always (And you did it in this piece again) leave the reader left too wonder. I also like how u wrote wanted and crossed it out and then wrote needed. tat was cool to.
    Sofia

2. Heidi,
    this is another great example of how you manage to create a vivid mood with your words.
    I was particularly impressed with the way you began- your line
    The glows of the blue and green lights didn’t comfort me.
    perfectly encapsulates the mood you are developing, and your varied sentence structure in the opening establishes the pace and suspense you wish to convey.
    Great work
    Ant