memories- 100 wc

As soon as I stepped into the castle I felt an icy shiver run over me. It was a strange sensation, but I knew I had to get this done with. Memories swarmed through me, distant, but clear in my mind.

I walked down the corridor made of stone. You could hear my footsteps echoing around the building and I stopped. Photos of my aunt were there. dusty and faded, but there all along. My eyes brimmed with tears, and my breath became sharp. Two more steps and my body went still. Hard, frozen. I would stay here forever, frozen in time.

4 thoughts on “memories- 100 wc

1. antsclass says:

Heidi, this piece is exquisite!
    Your carefully chosen adjectives woven throughout create an eerie mood. The use show not tell to create a vivid understanding of the character’s emotional state while only giving hints of the reasons for the actions and emotions. The mystery and suspense leaves me as a reader with an intense desire to find out more- Superb!
    Keep it up
    Ant

2. indigo2014 says:

That piece was fabulous. I love you had the vivid descriptions and how you, how did Ant say it? “The use show not tell to create a vivid understanding of the character’s emotional state while only giving hints of the reasons for the actions and emotions.” I really like it.
    Keep Writing,
    Indigo

3. sofiama2016 says:

Wow Heidi!! This piece is amazing. I really like the interesting word choice that you have used. The story line is just amazing and i think its the best 1 of the best pieces of writing you have done.
    Sofia